Daddy Mommy and Seth

Daddy Mommy and Seth
Daddy Mommy and Seth

Monday, November 18, 2013

Impressed


Seth impressed me today.  He is continuing to learn how to cope and know his own needs. Such an amazing thing! It's slow,  but when he displays this it is just awesome.
He loves to print pictures out on the computer.  He thinks of his favorite things, usually different vehicles, his wall in his  room is full of these pictures.  His recent obsession is trailers. Trucks pulling trailers. Specifically.."trailers with two wheels and a stand up thing." Seth tells me that quote a million times a day. So he wanted to print a "trailer with two wheels and stand up thing with golf cart on it.". Moving on with my point....haha,
We had a doctors appointment today and he asked to bring his golf cart picture. Of course we did. He held onto it throughout the appointment.  He studied it, talked about it and found comfort in it.   He began to get anxious so he hid in my arm and stared into his picture.  He found comfort in it, almost as if he knew he needed to bring it to the doctor that day.  When he started to fuss I would look at it with him and we would talk about parts of the trailer and golf cart.  That little picture helped him on a level I would have never known.  Seth knew, I really think he did.  He helped himself today.  After watching him struggle with almost everything on a daily basis, this was amazing.  I hope and 
pray he continues to find ways to help himself, cope with difficulties and try his best to stay calm in stressful situations.  I'm so proud of my little man and...he's still carrying around his picture :)

No comments:

Post a Comment