Daddy Mommy and Seth

Daddy Mommy and Seth
Daddy Mommy and Seth

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Accepting and finding peace...

Well, it may have taken five years but I feel like I'm getting better with acceptance everyday.  I've learned so much about how to help Seth.  About what comforts him, sets him off and how to tailor to his needs.  Life isn't easy, simple things prove to be complex.  Yet with accepting this and finding joy in each day...it actually makes life easier.  Stressing about what I can't change makes life hard.  Wishing it were different or easier only sets us back.  Learning to stress less and go with the flow more has made everyone more peaceful, even Seth is more relaxed.   We are finally truley accepting that our life is different.  Different challenges but also different beauty! I've learned somedays all Seth can handle is sitting home with me making lines of cars.  Instead of getting frustrated and trying to make him do something else...I sit with my sweet boy.  We build lines, we snuggle, we relax, we regroup.  Not fighting our reality has been a blessing.  Our home is more peaceful.  Seth is learning everyone is different and that's a good thing.  He even thanked God in his prayers the other night for making everything beautiful and different....melted my heart. I still have tough days where acceptance is hard but I've come so far.  I'm so thankful Seth has shown me the value in difference, the beauty in perspective and the peace of acceptance! I am eternally grateful for the gifts my boy has blessed me with....just by being him! 

No comments:

Post a Comment