Daddy Mommy and Seth

Daddy Mommy and Seth
Daddy Mommy and Seth

Monday, November 14, 2011

This is a marathon!



Well...don't know if anyone out there can relate, but I'm beginning to realize that living with autism is a marathon.  I always thought that since Seth got intervention at such a young age, that he would get better.  I always thought if I gave every ounce of energy I had, I could still be sustained by the time he got "better."  I am now realizing that I was treating my life as a sprint, when it is in fact, a marathon.  Hard to swallow? Yes, I would say so!  For the past three and a half years I've been waiting for some therapy to kick in and act as a miracle.  I still have that hope, but I am learning that I need to accept.  I need to accept Seth, accept life with all the challenges and just be content.  Don't get me wrong, I would never turn back time, I wouldn't trade Seth for anything!  He is literally my heart!  My whole heart! I love him more than I thought my heart could ever love.  I do though, wish that life could be more simple.  Less routine, less screaming...more easy days.  So, I am working on accepting that this will most likely be a life long journey.  Better roads sometimes, bumpier roads other times.  It is hard to swallow when you thought life would be different, but if I always focus on what I thought I would have had...I will never see the true joy and beauty that I DO HAVE in Seth!  So, I will pray to accept more easily  and keep my head up for this marathon of life I have been given.  Realize my blessings and stay positive.  I hope that everyone else with daily struggles can try and do the same.  (even if it's just some of the time) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment